Re: install in the first hard disk

To: "Yoshi.-K" <ykida@yk.rim.or.jp>
Subject: Re: install in the first hard disk
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 16:36:24 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 08:26:25AM +0900, Yoshi.-K wrote:

> Hello. my name is Yoshi. from Japan.

Hello.

> SGI O2 is used.
> I will install hardhat-sgi-5.1.tar.gz.

No, you won't.  No linux kernel in common distribution will even load
on that box.

> will be able to install in the first hard disk.
> I want to use on one hard disk . Is it possible?

Ask me again in a few days; I've just managed to get linux to see the
disks on that machine.  Check the archives for my post indicating
where my CVS tree is kept; it has as much O2 support as any tree I
know about.  Maybe you'd like to download it and tell me why it
doesn't work.

If this is r10k/r12k O2, you have an even longer wait as I haven't got
such a system and there are extra problems supporting it.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------