Binary compatibility break understood ?

Subject: Binary compatibility break understood ?
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 14:47:08 +0200
the last days/weeks there was a repeated discussion of breaking the binary
compatibility. I read the whole thread on linux-mips but i didnt get the point
why this has to happen - If we are repairing a real bug for it.

Could someone please elaborate on whats going on as i feel i missed ~200 mails
discussion and i dont want to purge the whole debian archive until i know
what for we actually drop the compatibility.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912