Re: Executing Programs from initrd

To: Patrick Fisher <pbfisher@seas.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Executing Programs from initrd
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 20:00:51 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 10:36:31PM -0400, Patrick Fisher wrote:

>     However, I can't run any binaries other than this one and the shell.  I
> wrote an additional Hello World program in C, compiled it for mipsel, and
> put it in the ramdisk.  The executable is definitely there when I boot on
> the nino - I can send it all to the serial console and see that it exists.
> However, any attempt to execute it returns "No such file or directory".

Did you compile with -static?  If not, the system will attempt to load
it with /lib/ld.so.1.  Do you have that file?  Is it executable?  What
about libc?

If you have a file starting with

#! /bin/fux0r

and /bin/fux0r does not exist, the execution will fail with that exact
error.  In fact from the system's point of view it's the same thing
with /lib/ld.so.1 instead of /bin/fux0r.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------