Re: Endianness...

To: nick@snowman.net
Subject: Re: Endianness...
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 13:47:07 -0700
Cc: Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>, Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
nick@snowman.net wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge Big endian is generally the way to run.
>         Nick

BE is better known perhaps because all SGI workstations are BE.  Generally I
found networking systems tend to use BE while consumer electronic devices tend
to use LE (which means there are probably more MIPS CPUs running in LE.)

So far I have not found much difference in terms of endianess, although
occassionaly you have to IO swap in drivers for BE machine.

Jun