Re: usermode gdb / remote gdb

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: usermode gdb / remote gdb
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 16:12:13 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Jun Sun <>, Ian Soanes <>, Michael Shmulevich <>, Linux/MIPS <>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > Hmm, I added linux-mips target for gdbserver in gdb 4.17.  And I thought
> > Ralf
> > sent the patch back to FSF (as I had to fill out some copyright forms).
> > Perhaps it is lost somewhere?
> As most of the 4.17 work was done by David Miller it's not upto me to
> contribute the patches back.

 I have ported 4.17 changes to 5.0.  They are available at my FTP site.  I
have submitted changes I wrote myself to the gdb team.  I have submitting
other changes on my to-do list -- it requires checking the changes against
the current CVS version and contacting all interested parties.  As I lack
time at the moment I cannot promise I'll do it in the foreseeable future.
If anyone wants to do it -- feel free.