NFS -13 error

To: <>
Subject: NFS -13 error
From: "John D. Davis" <johnd@Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
I am having a problem installing linux on a 4400 indy.  I downloaded a
"fixed" version from: honk.physik.uni-konstanz,de/linux-mips/install
and downloaded :

I also got the 2.4 vmlinux kernel from the sgi website.  I am trying to
load linux from another Indy running IRIX 6.2. Bootp and tftp seem to work
but the nfs mount fails with an error -13 and getfh says the file or
directory don't exist.  The /etc/hosts has the machine IP address and
name. /etc/ethers has the HW to IP address mapping.  I also modified the
/etc/bootptab and /var/dhcp/config/config... file.  The SYSLOG mount
request on server is this:

May  1 14:39:38 7D:littledipper mountd[861]: <unknown> mount request for
/tftpboot/ getfh failed: No such file or directory

I set the client as root in /etc/exports:

/ld2 \

The no_root_squash flag doesn't seem to apply for IRIX.  Should I be using
a different distribution of Linux for SGI?  The NFS mount error of
/tftpboot/ is a directory that I did not specify.  Am I
missing something? I looked through the archives and searched for the info
on the web and did not find anything that helped.

Thank you for your assistance,
john davis