Login problem on a serial console

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Login problem on a serial console
From: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 11:42:16 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I have just upgraded my kernel sources from 2.4.1 to the latest 2.4.3
sources, but after doing that I can't login on my serial console. It get
all the way up to the login prompt, but nothing happens when I try to
press a key.  So I figure that the serial line worked one way.
I have tried using a single shell (booted with "init=/bin/sh") and that
seemed to work fine, so I guess the serial driver works fine.

I'm running on both an Atlas and a Malta board, both seem to have the
same problem.
Has anyone any ideas ?

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com