New toolchain release

Subject: New toolchain release
From: Keith M Wesolowski <>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:21:09 -0700
I have updated my March 3 toolchain to April 23.  The highlights of
this release are:

        - sjhill's tradmips work
        - fixes to glibc and linux for sjhill's tradmips work :-)
        - Linux 2.4.3 (HEAD) from oss cvs, plus mingo's ext2 corruption
        - gcc 3.0 branch 0422 dated release with the gcse patch and
        - binutils HEAD as of 0421
        - glibc 2.2.3 (HEAD) plus several patches from Maciej, sjhill,
          and me.

This has received minimal testing on Indy only.  It builds a bootable
working kernel and fileutils built and run against this glibc works.
This release should support kernel modules, and the sample kernel has
been built accordingly, but this has not been tested by me.

NOTE: This release breaks binary compatibility with previous releases.
Your pre-tradmips binaries and libraries will not work with these.  If
you elect to use these tools for userland development you must

The crossdev bundle can be found at

The sample IP22 kernel can be found at

Keith M Wesolowski <>
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
        "Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss put
         in an honest day's work." -- The fortune file