Re: ls from fileutils-4.0.43 segfaults

To: Karsten Merker <>
Subject: Re: ls from fileutils-4.0.43 segfaults
From: Keith M Wesolowski <>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:33:05 -0700
On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:40:18PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:

> I have tried to install fileutils_4.0.43-1_mipsel.deb from
> and found that "ls" segfaults, the other binaries seem
> to be ok. So I have tried compiling it myself against glibc-2.2.2 on
> and also on my DECstation, but the effect stays the
> same.

As others have pointed out, you may be afflicted with the dreaded
sysmips bug.  I can confirm that my new toolchain builds a working ls,
among other wonders.  I'll be releasing a new make-cross-based package
very soon for all to enjoy.

Keith M Wesolowski <>
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
        "Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss put
         in an honest day's work." -- The fortune file