Re: Question on the binutils tradlittlemips patch

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Question on the binutils tradlittlemips patch
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:23:01 -0700
Cc: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@cotw.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:19:53PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I have them working in the case I care about - no backwards
> compatibility at all.  We (Monta Vista) can get away with this :)
> I've attached the patches.

This looks like what I have come up with as well.  I don't care about
backward compatibility either.  If someone else wants to support
broken crap that's their problem; in an age where we have scripts and
makefiles to rebuild entire systems from source I can't see the point
of binary compatibility.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------