Re: Linux on LSI EZ4102

To: Ralph Metzler <rjkm@convergence.de>
Subject: Re: Linux on LSI EZ4102
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:23:24 -0700
Cc: Quinn Jensen <jensenq@Lineo.COM>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:02:16PM +0200, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> I first based my port on the Linux version from linux-vr.sourceforge.net
> which is a modified 2.4.0test9. Now it seems others have problems with
> caching on that kernel with other MIPS architectures too.
> So, I'll better move to one of the 2.4.3-ac kernels first. I saw that
> they contain quite a few changes, especially in the cache handling.

Any -ac kernel contains at most the same changes that are in the oss
tree.  Trees other than the oss one, including ac, are likely to
contain more bugs.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------