Re: Link problems with 2.4.3 kernel

Subject: Re: Link problems with 2.4.3 kernel
From: Scott A McConnell <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:48:33 -0700
Scott A McConnell wrote:

> No matter what I do I can not get _ftext to appear at 80001000. I use
> identical ld.scripts for bother kernels.
> At first I thought it was my binutils so I switched to the same tools
> that I used with my 2.4.0-test5 kernel.
> Addresses appear to be off by 0x1000.  Which is why my 2.4.3 kernel dies
> on the jump to init_arch out of kernel_entry.
> Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> Scott

I tracked it down to a missing:

LINKFLAGS     += -Ttext $(word 1,$(LOADADDR))

in arch/mips/Makefile

I have no idea who added it or removed it.

I also am forced to edit the ld.script file to replace the LOADADDR
inserted with sed with 80000000.

Am I suppose to be accomplishing what I did above some other way?