tools for cross-compilation

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: tools for cross-compilation
From: Ian Thompson <iant@palmchip.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:22:40 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding the correct tools to cross-compile the 2.4
kernel.  I'm trying to build a custom mips little-endian target from a
pc running redhat 7.0.  I was hoping to download/install the binaries
listed in the howto (binutils-mipsel-linux-2.8.1-1.i386.rpm), but
unfortunately I couldn't find them (not even on the oss.sgi.com site).
So, I downloaded all of the various gnu source trees trying to build
the tools, and then couldn't find the mips patches...  arg!  could
somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much,
-ian

Ian Thompson           tel: 408.952.2023
Firmware Engineer      fax: 408.570.0910
Palmchip Corporation   www.palmchip.com