Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development

To: Carsten Langgaard <>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:05:23 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>, Florian Lohoff <>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <>, "MIPS/Linux List (SGI)" <>
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Carsten Langgaard wrote:

> I have question about installation of the SRPMs, though.
> How can I relocate the packages, so they don't need to reside under
> /usr/src/redhat/ ?

 RPM uses the value of the _topdir macro as the root for source handling.
You may override the default from /usr/lib/rpm/macros in several places --
see the macrofiles tag in /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc.  I have it overriden to
/home/macro/src/redhat in the configuration files I made available at my
FTP site.