Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development

To: Jun Sun <>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:45:50 +0200
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <>, "MIPS/Linux List (SGI)" <>
On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 11:06:28AM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:
> BTW, we actually do have native compiling as well - probably for something
> like mp3 player.
> (Flo, you really cannot beat the argument of having both. :-0)

I dont want to argue very much - I think both ways do have advantages.
I am coming the distribution way and i am used to something
like rpm --rebuild although i am going the debian way.

There is stuff like autobuilder, autoconf, dependencies etc which
give a major headache on cross-compiling. For all the embedded archs
i do think there is a way of having a "workstation" like machine
available for compiling native and having a distribution.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912