Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question on Cross-Development
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:39:42 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, "MIPS/Linux List (SGI)" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> stdint.h isn't available everywhere.  Aside of that I won't object ...

 That's why I wrote of legacy hosts.  The AC_CHECK_HEADERS and
AC_CHECK_TYPE macros are cross-compilation-safe and they are all that
modern hosts need.  For other hosts AC_CHECK_SIZEOF might be used to find
generic types suitable for ISO C definitions, which might be problematic
for cross-compilation, though.  Still this applies to non-gcc
cross-compilers only, which are not that common, AFAIK.