Re: sgiwd93 multiple disk problem

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: sgiwd93 multiple disk problem
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:18:10 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 07:04:58PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:47:49PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i guess Ryan Murray has stumbled over the multiple disk problem
> > on one of my machines again - I would like to fix that bug if i am able to.

Another one - After speaking to a couple of people on IRC i got to
the conclusion that we are possibly dealing with 3 different problems.

I/Ryan have/has seen data corruption. The files md5sum gets broken the fses
Metadata stays intact what an fsck shows.

Spock and Ian see "I/O" errors when copying a sourcetree from
a disk to a different one (even on the same bus) with "cp -dR".
Afterwards the filesystems metadata is corrupt.

Karel sees complete hangs on copy

Flo