Re: rpm crashing on RH 7.0 indy

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com>
Subject: Re: rpm crashing on RH 7.0 indy
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:46:31 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Karel van Houten <vhouten@kpn.com>, Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>, Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>, David Jez <dave.jez@seznam.cz>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> So it may make sense to post the not-yet-cleant-up patch to linux-kernel now.
> Perhaps someone there has more time to clean it up.

 It already went there back in July, 2000.  I sent it again a few months
later again, IIRC (January 2001?).  I've received no response at all.  I'm
bored with sending patches into a black hole over and over again, sorry.
I'll clean it up sooner or later and I will submit the resulting patch
then -- while no one is interested, Linus might accept it for the sake of
correctness.

 Anyway, I can continue to live with a private patch, as I already do for
several months now -- the patch actually caused me no trouble at all since
-test4 as there were no conflicts with kernel patches so far.

  Maciej