Re: loop stuff

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: loop stuff
From: David Jez <dave.jez@seznam.cz>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:57:09 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
> Hi,
  Hi Flo,

> does anyone know if the 2.4.2 kernel does support loop devices - I mean
> in the sense of - "It works" - I do have problems with processes like
> mke2fs getting hung while accessing the loop without any error message.
>
> I am not running 2.4.x on any other platform so i cant verify ...
  Unfortunately this isn't a problem with MIPS platform but whole kernel.
Loopback is broken. You can use mke2fs -o loop <file> instead /dev/loop0,
because loop device will goes to hell.
  David "Dave" Jez                Brno, CZ, Europe
 E-mail: dave.jez@seznam.cz
PGP key: finger xjezda00@fest.stud.fee.vutbr.cz