Re: Multiple processor support?

To: Justin Carlson <carlson@sibyte.com>
Subject: Re: Multiple processor support?
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:29:05 -0800
Cc: Matthew Dharm <mdharm@momenco.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 04:08:13PM -0800, Justin Carlson wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, the mips64 tree only works in SMP on the ip-27
> which is r10K based.  There would be a bit of work to get an RM7K  based
> multiprocessor system to run. A fair amount of the "generic" code in
> that tree is also pretty ip-27 specific, and so would need to be cleaned up.

In the particular case of SMP, this is probably still true.  However,
as of last weekend this tree compiles properly and boots part way on
Indy; I have more to do but the separation of the obviously
ip27-dependent stuff is done; you should at least be able to compile
other machines in mips64...if there were any.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------