Embedded MIPS/Linux Needs

To: <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Embedded MIPS/Linux Needs
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:48:19 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Here at MIPS Technologies, we use Linux internally
for design verification, experiments, benchmarking,
etc., and as a consequence Carsten Langgaard and
myself have both been active in this forum, and have
tried to help the general Linux/MIPS community as
best we can with the limited time that we can dedicate
to the problem, in terms of suggested patches, bug
fixes, cleanups, integration of needed components
like the FPU emulator, etc.

I have a question for those of you who are doing
Linux work for *new* platforms (as opposed to the
SGI/DEC legacy box support people).  IF, and I
emphasize the word *if*, MIPS Technologies were
make a bigger investment in MIPS/Linux technology,
be it kernel enhancements, cross/native tools,
userland ports, libraries, or whatever, what would
be your prioritized "wish list"?

Feel free to respond by point-to-point email, though
might provoke some interesting and enlightening
debate.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.