RE: Recommended toolchain

To: "'Geert Uytterhoeven'" <Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com>
Subject: RE: Recommended toolchain
From: Phil Thompson <Phil.Thompson@pace.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:39:11 -0000
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Correct - I am using the standard 2.4.2 sources. I had (obviously
incorrectly) assumed that the standard sources would be up to date and not
"some months" out of date.

How are the differences in the two trees managed? At what point are the
latest non-MIPS changes applied to the MIPS tree? At what point are the MIPS
specific changes applied to the standard tree?

Thanks,
Phil