Re: Recommended toolchain

To: Phil Thompson <Phil.Thompson@pace.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Recommended toolchain
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:06:16 -0800
Cc: "'Erik Mullinix'" <Hesp@rainworks.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 06:46:07PM -0000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> - compilation stops because loops_per_sec is undeclared as far as
> asm-mips/delay.h is concerned (although it seems fine in
> asm-mips64/delay.h).
>
> This seems to imply that the mips architecture (as opposed to mips64) isn't
> being maintained. Is this the case? Should I be using mips64 - but what
> would be the point on an embedded CPU?

mips(32) is in fact being actively maintained.  It sounds like your
kernel sources may be out of date; I specifically remember removing
all references to loops_per_sec in favour of loops_per_jiffy in both
mips and mips64.

Ask again about fcntl.h after updating...

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------