Re: Recommended toolchain

To: Phil Thompson <Phil.Thompson@pace.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Recommended toolchain
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:06:47 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 02:00:22PM -0000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> So, going back to the original question, what are the recommended versions -
> particularly if you are building 2.4.x kernels?

I don't really know that there is one.  I am using the gcc 3.0 branch
and binutils from CVS (2.11.90).  You can find the same toolchain
that's building my kernels on
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev at all
times, including patches.  No binaries, source and patches only.

This linker has a bug in it regarding section placement, but the
current cvs kernel has a workaround for it.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------