Re: Recommended toolchain

To: Phil Thompson <>
Subject: Re: Recommended toolchain
From: Keith M Wesolowski <>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:06:47 -0800
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 02:00:22PM -0000, Phil Thompson wrote:

> So, going back to the original question, what are the recommended versions -
> particularly if you are building 2.4.x kernels?

I don't really know that there is one.  I am using the gcc 3.0 branch
and binutils from CVS (2.11.90).  You can find the same toolchain
that's building my kernels on at all
times, including patches.  No binaries, source and patches only.

This linker has a bug in it regarding section placement, but the
current cvs kernel has a workaround for it.

Keith M Wesolowski <>
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
"I should have crushed his marketing-addled skull with a fucking bat."