-mmad patches for binutils/gcc

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: -mmad patches for binutils/gcc
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:34:56 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Before I try to submit these to the FSF, I thought I'd post them here for
comments.

These patches change one small thing in gcc (%{mmad:-m4650} becomes %{mmad}
in the invocation of GAS; we no longer lie about what the processor is) and
add a -mmad flag to binutils.

I was able to build an IVR kernel with these changes; ext2_statfs,
get_pci_port, and vc_resize got one piddling mad instruction each, and
nfs_xdr_statfsres got half a dozen.  Nothing to write home about, but it's
the principal of the thing.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team