Re: mips gcc 2.95.2 and 2.91.66 bug

To: bellard@email.enst.fr
Subject: Re: mips gcc 2.95.2 and 2.91.66 bug
From: Hiroyuki Machida <machida@sm.sony.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:28:08 +0900
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
From: Fabrice Bellard <bellard@email.enst.fr>
Subject: mips gcc 2.95.2 and 2.91.66 bug
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:43:31 +0100 (MET)

> Hi!
>
> Maybe this bug can interest you: when using byte swaping in le16_to_cpu
> for example, mips gcc 2.95.2 and 2.91.66 sometime do not generate correct
> code : the u16 to u32 convertion is missing. I found this bug while
> compiling drivers/mtd/ftl.c in build_maps(). Here is a sample source to
> reproduce the bug:

This bug is fixed by following chage in GCC 3.0.

gcc/gcc/ChangeLog.3:

2000-04-24  Hiroyuki Machida <machida@sm.sony.co.jp>

        * combine.c (try_combine): Update reg_nonzero_bits of
        newi2pat before newpat.

Please refer mail archives at gcc.gnu.org for details.
You can easily apply this fix to gcc-2.95.x.

---
Hiroyuki Machida
Creative Station                SCE Inc.