Troubles with TLB refills

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Troubles with TLB refills
From: Liam Davies <ldavies@agile.tv>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:40:01 +1000
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I am trying to get the 2.4 kernel up and running on the Cobalt boxes.
At the moment I am trying to get the initial transition from kernel
to user mode working.

The elf loader is trying to put stuff in the stack for the new user
process and *each* call to NEW_AUX_ENTRY is generating a page fault
that cannot be resolved. The address generated by the BadVAddr on the
TLBS exception is not correct. Also, I never receive a TLBrefill
exception on the accesses. It is using the except_vec0_nevada handler.

All that I can think of is that the handler at 0x80000000 is getting
smashed after it is copied in -- ala troubles with _kd_mksound last
year.
Any ideas on what is happening?? how to fix it??

Thanks
Liam

elf_entry=4000b0
elf_bss=10010130