Re: NFSROOT filesystem

To: heinold@physik.tu-cottbus.de (H.Heinold)
Subject: Re: NFSROOT filesystem
From: Lisa.Hsu@taec.toshiba.com
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:31:41 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
As I understand, ash requires mush  less memory than other shells.  I am
working on an embedded system and memory is crucial to us.

Thanks,

Lisa

                    heinold@physik.tu-

                    cottbus.de                To:     linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

                    (H.Heinold)               cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: NFSROOT
filesystem
                    owner-linux-mips@o

                    ss.sgi.com

                    03/02/01 12:17 AM

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 01:30:57PM -0800, Lisa.Hsu@taec.toshiba.com wrote:

> Thanks to Henning for showing me where to get the big-endian compiled
> packages and it works.   Now, I need big-endian compiled "ash".
> Is anybody know where I can get it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisa

Hm why you need the ash? You can give the kernel the follwing via the
commandoline init=/bin/bash.
--

Henning Heinold