Re: loops_per_sec

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: loops_per_sec
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:03:24 -0800
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 05:46:10PM -0800, Pete Popov wrote:

> The variable loops_per_sec has become loops_per_jiffy around 2.4.1,
> breaking the mips delay functions.  I edited include/asm-mips/delay.h to
> rename the variable.  There's other places in mips64 where loops_per_sec
> is being used. Furthermore, since it's loops per "jiffy", the delay must
> be further increased by a factor of HZ.

A partial fix appears to be in place for mips already.  This patch
should complete the picture.  I need people using mips and mips64 to
confirm that it works please; I can't test it right now.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------