Re: ELF header kernel module wrong?

To: Tom Appermont <tea@sonycom.com>
Subject: Re: ELF header kernel module wrong?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:20:29 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Tom Appermont wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to get modules to work on my R5000 little endian
> target, linux 2.4.1 + modutils 2.4.2 .
>
> When I insmod a module, I get error messages like:

Tom,

This is a well-known problem which also exists in the old toolchain.  If you
can search the archive, you can see a string of discussions a few months
back.  (I don't know if we have any mailing archive?)

> I use egcs 1.2.1 + binutils 2.9.5. Is this a problem with my
> binutils?

Essentially it is caused by the different symbols sorting used in binutial and
modutils.  I was trying to fix it but it was beyond my ken.

Jun