Re: Linux on Origin 200 (newbie)

To: <nick@snowman.net>
Subject: Re: Linux on Origin 200 (newbie)
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:46:38 +0100
Cc: cgut@calpoly.edu, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 08:08:03PM -0500, nick@snowman.net wrote:

> Yes.  It may or may not work . It does not work on my O200.

Latest theory is that we have a problem which is related to different
versions of various chips of the system.  When it's actually running on
an Origin 200 / 2000 then it's also very reliable.

Aside of that the current list of open bugs for the Origin 200 / 2000 is:

 - we don't have FPU emulation code
 - the performance of the ioc3-eth driver is weak to say the least
 - ioc3-eth doesn't handle autonegotiation correctly
 - the binary compatibility code for running 32-bit apps is less than perfect.
 - we crash on systems with more than 64 processors.  Yes dudes, that's
   tested on real world hardware :-)