Re: newbie question.

To: Can Altineller <>
Subject: Re: newbie question.
From: David Jez <>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:06:10 +0100
On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 02:52:10PM -0500, Can Altineller wrote:
>       Hello;
>       I got an Indy 4600SC with 64Megs of memory, and I dont feel like
> running Irix on it. What is the status of the sgi port port of linux. Is
> there a distro available? Also, I dont have a floppy in my indy, so can I
> net boot? If someone point me out in the correct way, I will be very
> happy.

Try download doc & faqs & tutorials & distro from:

or RedHat from:

PS: Don't worry about instalation. In directory redhat you can find Getting
started and README. Read it carefully. If you search archive of this conf. you
can find thread about netbooting Indy ( bootp():/vmlinuz ) from PROM monitor
and setting bootpd in linux boot server.
>       Thanks.
>       -C.A.
Best Regards,

  David "Dave" Jez                Brno, CZ, Europe
PGP key: finger