Re: DECstation Hardware

To: Ian Chilton <ian@ichilton.co.uk>
Subject: Re: DECstation Hardware
From: Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:36:34 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Ian Chilton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My MIPS boxes are SGI Big Endian machines, but I have been offered some
> DECstation hardware for FREE, excpet for shipping costs.
>
> I was wondering if someone working on the DECStation ports could tell
> me what these are like, if they will run Linux yet, and if they are
> worth shipping. I know nothing about this hardware, so as much info as
> possible would be good :)
>
> 3 x Personal DEC station 5000/25
> 1 x Digital VAX station 4000 - 60
> 1 x DEC station 3100
> 2 x DEC station 2100

Maybe this helps:

From: http://decstation.unix-ag.org/status/

   System support status:
   System                                    Ethernet SCSI serial console
TurboChannel keyboard/mouse
   DECstation 2100/3100                      yes      ?    yes            n/a
       no
   Personal DECstation 5000/xx (20,25,33,50) yes      yes  yes            yes
       yes
   DECstation 5000/1xx (120,125,133,150)     yes      yes  yes            yes
       no
   DECstation 5000/200                       yes      yes  yes            yes
       no
   DECstation 5000/240,/260                  yes      yes  yes            yes
       no
   DECstation 5100                           ?        ?    ?              ?
       ?

> 4 x DEC Storage Expansion (Disk)

These are just hard disk cases of 19" width for two 5 1/4" full height
disks.  Stacking them gives nice towers. :)

Regards,

        Joey

--
It's time to close the windows.