R10000 SGI O2

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: R10000 SGI O2
From: Stockli Reto <stockli@geo.umnw.ethz.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:25:25 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I will give a try later to have my SGI O2 R10000 175MHz running Linux
and will report found problems and possible solutions.

For not repeating here what has already been done:
Has anyone ever tried the same before and what are the problems to
encounter? I will most likely boot from a bootp linux server. Is there a
chance that I get a console on my O2 or do I only have a serial
connection.

Thanks for any nice introductory remarks!
Cheers,

Reto

--
Reto Stöckli                            Bldg:   Uni Irchel  Room: 25 J53
Climate Research ETH                    Phone:  +41 (0)1 635 5209