R10000 SGI O2

Subject: R10000 SGI O2
From: Stockli Reto <>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:25:25 +0100
I will give a try later to have my SGI O2 R10000 175MHz running Linux
and will report found problems and possible solutions.

For not repeating here what has already been done:
Has anyone ever tried the same before and what are the problems to
encounter? I will most likely boot from a bootp linux server. Is there a
chance that I get a console on my O2 or do I only have a serial

Thanks for any nice introductory remarks!

Reto Stöckli                            Bldg:   Uni Irchel  Room: 25 J53
Climate Research ETH                    Phone:  +41 (0)1 635 5209
Winterthurerstrasse 190                 Fax:    +41 (0)1 362 5197
8057 Zürich                             Email:
Switzerland                             Web: