[RESUME] fpu emulator

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: [RESUME] fpu emulator
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:20:30 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
just to get it right - As i thought the FPU emulator is not really
optional - It is even required for fpu-enabled devices which means
we should clean the code in that way that if the user decides to
compile in the fpu emulator into the kernel we do an autodetection
upfront and change some of the entry/exit/lazy_fpu stuff.
If the user decides not to compile in the FPU Emulator he is on his
own and we ignore the whole FPU stuff and simply send SIGILL/SIGFPE
to the processes causing all fpu binarys to fail on non-fpu enabled
kernels.

Flo