merges into stock kernel tree

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: merges into stock kernel tree
From: Jim Freeman <jfree@sovereign.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:13:42 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I'm trying to get a broad sense of where mips/CVS is with respect to
the stock upstream kernels, and what drives the merges of mips snapshots
into the upstream kernel.

As best I can tell from the mail archives, CVS logs, and the stock
source tree, the most recent mips merge into the main kernel was
about June 2000, with perhaps some later mips patchlets going in
here and there not ncessarily related to mips/CVS.
  [ Is this at all acccurate ? ]

Not having a variety of mips hw to play with, what is the functional
status of mips as shipped in the mainstream kernel?

How does that status compare to the functional status of the
current mips in cvs?

What's on the todo list prior to another merge into the upstream?

Thanks for any info [I'll summarize any non-list replies],
...jfree