Re: sonic driver for 2.4.0-test10-pre5 (fwd)

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: sonic driver for 2.4.0-test10-pre5 (fwd)
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:59:29 +0100
Cc: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>, Sam Creasey <sammy@oh.verio.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 08:15:13AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> When cleaning up my patchqueue I noticed this patch also contains some fixes
> (e.g. netif_*() updates) for the Olivetti M700-10 Risc PC sonic driver
> (sonic.c). Probably this driver is in bad shape anyway, since it's not
> mentioned in drivers/net/Makefile?

it's not in the Makefile, because the MIPS part of the driver hasn't been
merged. And I haven't even powered up the M700 for over a year...

So I'd say forget the M700 part, the last time I looked, there was more code,
which looks non working for it.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]