Re: Cross compiling RPMs

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Cross compiling RPMs
From: Mike McDonald <mikemac@mikemac.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:47:45 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:39:17 -0800
>From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
>To: Mike McDonald <mikemac@mikemac.com>
>Subject: Re: Cross compiling RPMs
>
>Mike McDonald wrote:

>>   I have a working tool chain that I use to cross compile a kernel
>> with sources from. How do I convince rpm to use that chain?
>
>Is that tool chain setup to compile userland apps? Can you cross compile
>this:

  Not yet. One of the rpms I'd like to be able to compile is one
of the libc variants. :-)

>If so, then you need to modify the .spec file for the given rpm ...

  I was afraid you were going to say that! I was hoping there was some
way to do it without modifying the spec files by hand. Of course,
the Makefiles would also have to modified to support $(ROOT). Hmm,
maybe I need to write a script that'll build a sandbox that I can
chroot to before I do a 'rpm -ba'.

  Mike McDonald
  mikemac@mikemac.com