Re: Cross compiling RPMs

To: Pete Popov <>
Subject: Re: Cross compiling RPMs
From: Mike McDonald <>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:47:45 -0800
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:39:17 -0800
>From: Pete Popov <>
>To: Mike McDonald <>
>Subject: Re: Cross compiling RPMs
>Mike McDonald wrote:

>>   I have a working tool chain that I use to cross compile a kernel
>> with sources from. How do I convince rpm to use that chain?
>Is that tool chain setup to compile userland apps? Can you cross compile

  Not yet. One of the rpms I'd like to be able to compile is one
of the libc variants. :-)

>If so, then you need to modify the .spec file for the given rpm ...

  I was afraid you were going to say that! I was hoping there was some
way to do it without modifying the spec files by hand. Of course,
the Makefiles would also have to modified to support $(ROOT). Hmm,
maybe I need to write a script that'll build a sandbox that I can
chroot to before I do a 'rpm -ba'.

  Mike McDonald