Re: [FIX] sysmips(MIPS_ATMIC_SET, ...) ret_from_sys_call vs. o32_ret_fro

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Joe deBlaquiere <jadb@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [FIX] sysmips(MIPS_ATMIC_SET, ...) ret_from_sys_call vs. o32_ret_from_sys_call
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:21:43 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Joe deBlaquiere wrote:

> So I've got the following code which seems to work... (I can't use the
> ll/sc ops on the Vr41xx since they are not implemeted!)
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_CPU_VR41XX

 You are perfectly correct, with the exception you really want to make it:

#ifndef CONFIG_CPU_HAS_LLSC

as that's the correct option -- just undef it in arch/mips/config.in for
your CPU like it's done for others already.

 Shame on me I haven't sent the patch for MIPS_ATMIC_SET for non-ll/sc
processors yet.  I have it but it needs a few minor cleanups.

 Ralf, BTW, what do you think if we send a segfault on a memory access
violation instead of returning an error?  That would make the behaviour of
MIPS_ATMIC_SET consistent for any memory contents.  Does anything actually
rely on the function to return an error in such a situation?

  Maciej