Re: Linux/MIPS installation (FAQ? HOWTO?)

Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS installation (FAQ? HOWTO?)
From: Guido Guenther <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:21:19 +0100
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 11:21:34AM -0700, Richard Duran wrote:
> I know this has got to be a FAQ of some sort, but I can't find
> the answer (and I _have_ looked everywhere!): How do I go about
> installing Linux on my Indy? Does it have to co-exist w/ IRIX?
> Please point me to any document offering step-by-step instructions
> (if that exists).
Have a look at You can find some documentation
there, along with links to various base system which you can use as
a starting point. There's no "ready to install" distribution for
linux/mips yet, although the debian mips port is currently making big
steps forward...and yes, it can easily coexist with Irix.
 -- Guido