Fwd: pthread in glibc 2.2.1

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Fwd: pthread in glibc 2.2.1
From: "James McD" <vile8@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:07:32
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
From what I have seen the gdb bombs out on 90% of pthread programs as
well. This includes all platforms as far as I am aware. There is a fix
posted on bugzilla stating you need to recompile the gdb from the cvs tree and that should fix. However I have had mixed luck.
Hope that helps somewhat!

Sincerely,

James McDermott

Hi,
even the simplest pthread-program dies with a bus error(see attachment)
on my I2.  glibc is 2.2.1(same for 2.1.97), kernel is 2.4.0-test9.
Interesting enough I can't even get a core dump. Any starting points to
track this down?
Regards,
 -- Guido