My Indy boots!

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: My Indy boots!
From: Dave Gilbert <gilbertd@treblig.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:10:57 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
  With thanks to the guys on the #mipslinux IRC channel my Indy (dino) is
booting.

Points:

1) I needed to put an sa=hostip in the bootp to point to my server.
2) The 2.4.x kernels will not boot from Sash on my machine - they are OK
via bootp/tftp.
3) The ncurses in the base off
/ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/mips/ is duff; but there is a
slightly newer ncurses in there which springs it into life.

(My green gun is going now - but my red is off - time to hack the little
lead for the 13w3).

Dave

--
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert      | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha, | Happy  \