test9 problems

To: "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: test9 problems
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:58:03 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I've got a 5231-based board running a test9-ish kernel. The board is
quite stable and I don't have any problems using the serial console,
running Bonnie, etc.  However, when I enable a virtual terminal and ps2
keyboard, I have problems running commands at the virt terminal.  I
traced it to the init task seg faulting and getting killed by the
kernel, which in turn kills my system. One of the easiest way to
reproduce this problem is to try filename completion, such as "ls
/etc/nss <tab>" -- hangs just about all the time.  Has anyone else
experienced similar problems with any other mips workstation/board?

Pete