Re: patches for dvhtool

To: Ian Chilton <>
Subject: Re: patches for dvhtool
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 04:08:10 +0100
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 05:52:27PM +0000, Ian Chilton wrote:
> Hello,
> > BTW: Is there any way of deleteing/renaming files in the
> > volume-header-directory ? Is there a way to set "bootfile" ?
> You could do what I do with my tftp boot directory.
> Bootp or whatever points to vmlinux-hostname.
> vmlinux-hostname is a symlink to a kernel.
> Changing kernels is just a matter of changing the symlink.

I do that for a couple of years now for all architectures capable
of netbooting - Nothing new. But as you could read up there
i asked something completely different. I want to boot of DISK !
And i asked questions about dvhtool not tftp and symlinks.

Not my day ...
Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912