Re: 2.4.0 Kernel - Summary

To: Ian Chilton <ian@ichilton.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 2.4.0 Kernel - Summary
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:50:34 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:17:58PM +0000, Ian Chilton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So, the outstanding issues so far are:
>
> Major Issues:
> - Can't reboot (Flo and I get this)

I can reboot - but with "reboot -f" which is - Immediate reset
which is not good(tm) for your filesystems. The bug is definitly
a sgiserial.c problem as it doesnt happen on newport console.

Its probably a problem with console and tty output getting mixed.
Definitly a bigger issue as one should merge driver/sbus/zs.c and
driver/sgi/char/sgiserial.c to one driver. (And probably even
the Decstation one)

> Minor Issues:
> - Wierd thing in /proc/cpuinfo (Flo and I get this)
Fixed ...

Flo