Re: CPU Nevada

To: "Pete Popov" <ppopov@mvista.com>, <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: CPU Nevada
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:40:28 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
C'mon Pete, it's obviously a typo!   It predates my involvement
with the code - hell, I never even knew that "Nevada" was the
QED code name for the R5200 family before I started hacking
on the MIPS Linux kernel, even though I had an R5230 system
in my lab.  The "6" is probably shifted left one position from
"R5260", which was, I believe, the first chip of the Nevada
family to ship.

            Kevin K.