Re: Loading srec imagine problem.

To: Florian Lohoff <>
Subject: Re: Loading srec imagine problem.
From: Nicu Popovici <>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:44:52 -0500
Hello ,

Florian Lohoff wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 05:12:02PM -0500, Nicu Popovici wrote:
> > Hello ,
> >
> > I have now the following cross toolchain
> > binutils 2.10.1 - egcs.1.0.3a - glibc-2.0.6.
> >
> > I manage to cross compile the kernel for mips and when I try to load the
> > srec imagine on the mips I get the following error.
> >
> > For this srec imagine I used mips-linux-objcopy -O srec vmlinux
> > srecimagine.
> Wouldnt this use the original load address of the vmlinux as the srec
> address ? Wouldnt this mean you are probably overwriting your monitor
> while loading the srec ? Ususally you would load the image via srec to
> a different location with a small copy and run type code in front.

I do not know if this is the problem. I made objdump on this srec imagine and
it looks like the sections begin somewhere below 0x80100000 address and for
the srec imagine ( the one that I can load on ) the sections begin after
0x8010000 address. So the problem is here , something with setting the write
address for this srec imagine. Maybe from objcopy ( but I do not think so )
or from linker.