Re: Loading srec imagine problem.

To: Nicu Popovici <octavp@isratech.ro>
Subject: Re: Loading srec imagine problem.
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:09:30 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 05:12:02PM -0500, Nicu Popovici wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I have now the following cross toolchain
> binutils 2.10.1 - egcs.1.0.3a - glibc-2.0.6.
>
> I manage to cross compile the kernel for mips and when I try to load the
> srec imagine on the mips I get the following error.
>
> For this srec imagine I used mips-linux-objcopy -O srec vmlinux
> srecimagine.

Wouldnt this use the original load address of the vmlinux as the srec
address ? Wouldnt this mean you are probably overwriting your monitor
while loading the srec ? Ususally you would load the image via srec to
a different location with a small copy and run type code in front.

Without a memory map etc one cant help here ...

Flo