Re: External SCSI connector on DECstations

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: External SCSI connector on DECstations
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:40:41 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 12:32:43PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > I've got some trouble attaching devices to DECstation's external
> > SCSI connector. Is there any additional jumper (or sth like
> > that) on the mobo I need to remove in order to not automatically
> > terminate the bus (inside the DS) before the connector?
> >
> > ...or do I do something completely wrong?
>
> Is this an high-density 68-pin connector, like used for UW-SCSI?
> If yes, be careful! Many DECstations use these connectors, but are in fact
> narrow SCSI! So you need the correct (DEC) cable.

No, it's normal 50pin high density... I've tried with and w/o
external termination afterthat hdd, but no success... However,
I'll really need that connector because I need to disk-boot
two machines as they don't do bootp/tftp (but mop, and the
two tested mop servers can't handle these machines;( and
constantly plugging/unplugging hdds with those internal
flat ribbon cables isn't fun at all...

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> -- +49-177-5601720 */