Re: External SCSI connector on DECstations

To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Subject: Re: External SCSI connector on DECstations
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:32:43 +0100 (MET)
On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> I've got some trouble attaching devices to DECstation's external
> SCSI connector. Is there any additional jumper (or sth like
> that) on the mobo I need to remove in order to not automatically
> terminate the bus (inside the DS) before the connector?
> ...or do I do something completely wrong?

Is this an high-density 68-pin connector, like used for UW-SCSI?
If yes, be careful! Many DECstations use these connectors, but are in fact
narrow SCSI! So you need the correct (DEC) cable.

Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE) ------------------- Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55
Voice +32-2-7248626 Fax +32-2-7262686 ---------------- B-1130 Brussels, Belgium